A third of the world's crop production depends on honeybee pollination, yet beekeepers lose 40% of their hives each year. To be part of the solution, our team's mission is to provide beekeepers and growers with the data-driven tools needed to raise thriving honeybee colonies.
We believe that the technology being built by our team - including IoT and AI models - will lead to a future where pollinators are considered an essential factor in feeding our planet.
With our record-keeping software BeeTrack, Nectar’s goal is to equip commercial migratory beekeepers with technologies that enable them to make data-driven decisions to raise healthier bees to secure our food supply.
Why are we looking for a Customer Success Specialist?
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Customer Success, and in collaboration with the Technical Sales Specialist, the Customer Success Specialist (CSS) will work closely with a group of high-value accounts (commercial beekeepers) to understand their needs, articulate value, and drive BeeTrack usage. This is a newly created position in the Sales and Customer Success team, meaning you will actively take part in building Nectar’s CS function.
What you will do
- Interact with the sales team to gain an understanding of BeeTrack’s target customers and personas;
- Consult with the sales team to identify data, insights, and/or services that are relevant to the customers;
- Provide demonstrations of BeeTrack software to prospective customers;
- Set up BeeTrack and support customers during/through on-boarding and project engagement;
- Create and manage service tickets related to BeeTrack’s performance, software issues and IT support;
- Liaise with the product team to communicate customer feedback and gain an understanding of new features needed to improve the product;
- Support beekeepers through the implementation of new product features;
- Act as liaison between beekeepers and members of the Nectar team to ensure a smooth transition from sales to project execution;
- Support customers by developing and managing ad-hoc projects to help them integrate Nectar’s software into their operations;
- Support the marketing team in developing case studies, testimonials, PR activities and product marketing;
- Work with the team leader to develop and execute strategies to ensure customer retention;
- Work with the team leader to drive product adoption and engagement;
- Develop deep insight into the customer’s business - be the internal expert on each customer in your portfolio;
- Conduct field visits to the customers in your portfolio. Customers are commercial beekeepers in the United States (e.g., Central Valley of California, Washington State, the Dakotas, Montana, and Idaho) and Canada. Field visits include but are not limited to warehouses, beekeeping yards, and pollination fields.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education in Biological Sciences, Animal Science and Management, Environmental Science and Management, Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems, Agricultural and Environmental Technology, Food and Agricultural Business, AgriBusiness, or a related discipline;
- Two to three years of relevant work experience;
- Strong communication, presentation, and social skills. Able to speak effectively with a wide range of people, from agricultural business owners and workers to internal software development and product teams;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Proactive in anticipating customer and internal teams’ needs;
- Interest in beekeeping, AgTech, startups and/or technology;
- Willingness to travel frequently (as often as once or twice a month).
Great to have but not a must
- Experience in selling AgTech software solutions or SaaS;
- Experience working in beekeeping;
- Experience in strategic customer success and solutions delivery role.
Benefits & Conditions
- Permanent and full-time role with flexible work hours;
- To be performed in Canada or US: from home and/or from Nectar's office in Montreal;
- Remuneration according to experience;
- A minimum of 3 weeks of vacation;
- Group insurance plan & RRSP (for residents of Canada);
- Annual well-being budget of $500;
- The opportunity to learn beekeeping and participate in maintaining Nectar's hives at its farm;
- An endless supply of honey;
- New benefits to be announced in the near future!