Nectar’s mission is to help the beekeeping industry ensure honey bees’ health and secure our food supply. By translating the language of bees, we aim to bring bees, beekeepers, and growers closer together.
Using technology and insights built from the use of sensors and artificial intelligence, we help beekeepers raise thriving beehives and optimize their operations while providing growers key measurements to maximize the impact of honey bee pollination on their crops.
Why do we need an Accounting & Finance Specialist?
Nectar is growing fast, and we need to support this scaling. We believe a meticulous Accounting & Finance Specialist dedicated to supporting our management team with business development, accounting, fundraising, and operations can help us increase our capacity to execute and help Nectar get to the next level.
This is why we're looking for a rigorous Specialist in order to refine the company’s accounting processes and deploy a well-oiled fundraising machine. It’s a unique opportunity to make a concrete impact on beekeepers day to day and on our food ecosystem. Furthermore, as bees are our first client, expect field visits. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment!
- Plan and execute all operational functions relating to accounting: management of payables, invoicing, receivables, collection and bookkeeping
- Prepare monthly internal and year-end financial statements
- Coordinate the activities of the external auditors as well as those for SR&ED filing
- Update financial projections monthly and monitor them
- Collaborate with the CEO and external CFO in cash management: anticipate income and expenses, pay suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations in terms of consumption taxes, corporate taxes and DAS
- Perform payroll for employees of entities in Canada and the US.
- Collaborate with the CEO and external CFO in budget planning, fundraising, grants and follow-up
- Manage relations with financial institutions.
- Search for improvements in the company's operating processes.
- Technical degree in accounting and/or finance with a strong interest in technology and the environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
- Rigorous sense of organization and initiative.
- Ability to work (and telework) in a team and individually; autonomy is essential.
- Willingness to learn the business context of Nectar.
- Adaptability; motivation to take ownership of and foster the improvement of a fast-paced work environment.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks software, or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Very good knowledge of the Google environment and the Office suite
- Work experience in a startup;
- Interest in sustainable development and agriculture;
- Excellent in time and resource management.
- Full time: 40 hours per week, flexible hours
- Hybrid, Montreal office and telecommuting
- Remuneration according to experience
- Annual "well-being" budget of $ 500