A third of the world's crop production depends on honeybee pollination, yet beekeepers lose 40% of their hives each year. To be part of the solution, our team's mission is to provide beekeepers and growers the data-driven tools needed to raise thriving honeybee colonies.
We believe that the technology being built by our team - including IoT and AI models - will lead to a future where pollinators are considered an essential factor in feeding our planet.
Build products that matter
As Nectar is connecting more and more hives and ramping up new features, our platform needs to sustain this growth and perform optimally. To achieve a product that exceeds the expectations of beekeepers and growers, Nectar believes that a robust platform, delivering data and analysis 24/7, is essential to its success. That's why we're looking for a motivated Front-End Developer to continue the development and improvement of Nectar's platform and make a positive impact on our ecosystem and food supply chain.
- Develop the front-end of the Nectar web app
- Define the front-end parts of the software requirements of the Nectar web app
- Contribute to the architecture design of the Nectar web app
- Actively participate in solving our customers’ problems
- Collaborate with developers, designers, researchers and electrical engineers
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- 3 to 5 years of web development experience
- Autonomy, versatility and creativity
- Strong communication skills in English (French an asset)
- Mastering of iterative development processes
- Strong knowledge of communication protocols (HTTP) and client-server architectures
- Ability to mentor other programmers and perform effective code review
- Strong sensitivity for user experience
- Knowledge of responsive development
- Latest web framework
- CSS3 and Sass/LESS
Benefits & Conditions
- Permanent and full-time role with flexible work hours.
- To be performed in Canada: from home and/or from Nectar's office in Montreal.
- Remuneration according to experience.
- A minimum of 3 weeks of vacation.
- Group insurance including health, dental, vision care and virtual healthcare.
- Annual well-being budget of $500.
- The opportunity to learn beekeeping and participate in maintaining Nectar's hives at its farm.
- An endless supply of honey.
- New benefits to be announced in the near future!