Nectar’s mission is to help the beekeeping industry ensure honey bees health and secure our food supply. By translating the language of bees, we aim to bring bees, beekeepers and growers closer together.
Using technology and data-driven insights, we help beekeepers raise thriving beehives and optimize their operations, while providing growers key measurements to realize the full impact of honey bee pollination on their crops.
Using artificial intelligence, we augment the beekeepers’ decision making capacities to apply the right care at the right time.
Why do we need a Hardware Engineering?
As Nectar is connecting more and more hives! To achieve a product that exceeds the expectations of our customers, Nectar believes that a robust hardware, delivering data 24/7, is essential to its success. That's why we're looking for a motivated Hardware Engineer to build Nectar's sensors and data gateways and make a positive impact on our ecosystem and food supply chain.
In concrete terms, what does it look like?
As we are a recently funded start-up, much remains to be done. You will have the opportunity to build the architecture and develop the next versions of our beehive monitoring platform while having the right resources to do so.
Furthermore, as bees are our first client, expect field visits. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment and we promise it will be amazing!
- Actively participate in the definition of future hive sensors and data gateways based on user feedback
- Manage our inventory and work closely with our sales team to support company’s growth
- Help manage certification across multiple countries
- Manage complete product life-cycle include prototyping, integration and assembly, QA, production, and refurbishing
- Keep up to date with relevant emerging technology and be proactive in applying those to match and go beyond customer’s expectation
- Design and maintain hardware testing plans
- Own Nectar’s hardware roadmap
- Orchestrate production with vendors and manufacturers in order to match company’s roadmap
- Collaborate with developers, designers and researchers to deliver the best customer experience possible for beekeepers
Who you are
- Background in Engineering (or equivalent experience) with 3-5 years of experience
- Familiarity with communication protocols and wireless technology (WIFI, BT, LoRa, GPS, etc.)
- Familiarity with firmware development
- Good communication skills
- Good level in French and English
- Sense of details and documentation
- Thoroughness in performance and scaling
- Ability to clearly identify and explain challenges, risks and issues to management
- Work experience in startup
- Interest in sustainable development and agriculture