Nectar’s mission is to help the beekeeping industry ensure honey bees' health and secure our food supply. By translating the language of bees, we aim to bring bees, beekeepers, and growers closer together.
Using technology and insights built from the use of its data collection technologies, we help beekeepers raise thriving beehives.
About the job
As Nectar’s product is made commercially available, its marketing initiatives must match the ingenuity of its product development. Not only must those initiatives translate the benefits of data-driven decision support in beekeeping, they must also convey the ease-of-use of Nectar’s technologies to an industry that has not yet to fully embrace the benefits of modern technologies to support its operations.
That's why we're looking for an experienced marketing and communications thinker to support Nectar in progressing the narrative on the integration of technology into beekeeping. It’s a unique opportunity to make a concrete impact on beekeepers and on our food ecosystem. Furthermore, as bees are our first client, expect field visits. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment!
- Create, oversee, and execute Nectar’s marketing communications initiatives associated with the launch of its new product offering.
- Gather customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase customer conversions, and generate more qualified leads.
- Identify effectiveness and impact of marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly.
- Work closely with Nectar’s CEO and its Director of Operations to develop Nectar’s brand presence with its different stakeholder communities.
- Explore new market opportunities and collaborate with the Commercial Operations and Product teams to deliver beneficial beekeeping technologies to these new segments.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience developing marketing plans and campaigns.
- Strong project management and decision-making skills.
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity.
- Excellent levels in English and French are required.
- Experience in the agriculture sector.
- Work experience in a startup.
- Interest in sustainable development and agriculture.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
- Full-time: 40 hours per week.
- Remuneration according to experience.