A third of the world's crop production depends on honeybee pollination, yet beekeepers lose 40% of their hives each year.
To be part of the solution, our team's mission is to provide beekeepers and growers the data-driven tools needed to raise thriving honeybee colonies. We believe that the technology being built by our team - including sensors and AI models - will lead to a future where pollinators are considered an essential factor in feeding our planet.
Design products that matter
As both agriculture and the beekeeping industry are migrating towards digital, building engaging products that truly answer our customer needs is critical for our success. At Nectar, our design team is central to making this happen.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious product designer. Someone willing to learn the business, go in the field and be excited to take part in all steps of product discovery and delivery.
You will work closely with a talented team of developers, hardware engineers, and data-scientists; and also our field operations team, beekeepers and growers. Furthermore, as bees are our first client, expect field visits to our 70-hive farm. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment!
- Own and design key parts or the user experience of our applications dedicated to beekeepers and growers.
- Beyond mock-ups, make a tangible impact on beekeepers’ and growers’ daily lives.
- Convey your vision with the best suited level of formalization (workflows, wireframes, screen design, visual details, prototypes and animation).
- Work hand in hand with our engineering team and be responsible for the form and function of the final product.
- Spend time conducting user research, analyzing and presenting findings.
- Work closely with product direction to establish priorities and frame work items.
- Maintain, guide, and push the boundaries of our design system.
- Facilitate problem solving work sessions and develop your colleagues’ ideas
as well as your own.
You are a hand-soon digital product designer with a genuine desire to build great products for a non typical industry. And :
- Have a strong portfolio of products with case studies demonstrating creative problem-solving.
- Are someone with an attention to detail.
- Have a degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, HMI or a related field.
- Are a good listener. Capable of empathy with both users and your team.
- Adjust quickly to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities.
- You demonstrate proficiency in key design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite, paper and pen.
- Experience in a product-oriented company.
- Interest in user research methods.
- Interest in data visualization and digital cartography.
- Illustration and/or iconography skills.
- Interest in sustainable development and agriculture
- Knowledge of best practices building product interfaces with HTML and CSS on one end, native mobile frameworks on another end.
- Creative side projects, whether related to digital design or not.
- Actively engaged in the design community.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
Benefits & conditions
- Permanent and full-time role with flexible work hours.
- To be performed in Canada: from home or from Nectar's office in Montreal.
- The opportunity to learn beekeeping and participate in maintaining Nectar's hives at its farm.
- Remuneration according to experience.
- A minimum of 3 weeks of vacation.
- Annual well-being budget of $500.
- An endless supply of honey.
- New benefits to be announced in the near future.
Be sure to include a link to your portfolio with your resume when applying.