Nectar’s mission is to help the beekeeping industry ensure honey bees health and secure our food supply. By translating the language of bees, we aim to bring bees, beekeepers, and growers closer together.
Using technology and insights built from the use of sensors and artificial intelligence, we help beekeepers raise thriving beehives and optimize their operations while providing growers key measurements to realize the full impact of honey bee pollination on their crops.
About the Job
As Nectar is connecting more and more hives and ramping up new features, our platform needs to sustain this growth and perform optimally. To achieve a product that exceeds the expectations of our customers, Nectar believes that a robust platform, delivering data and analysis 24/7, is essential to its success.
That's why we're looking for a relentless QA Specialist to establish our testing practice and push the quality of Nectar's products forward. Whether it’s our mobile application, our web portal, our sensors or our latest metal stands.
It’s a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on the company and on our food ecosystem. Furthermore, as bees are our first client, expect field visits. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment!
- Establish the most relevant testing strategy for both hardware, mechanical and software based products.
- Write, execute and maintain test plans.
- Ensure that product releases meet functional and business requirements.
- Review ahead of development any product specifications to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Assist in converting costly manual tests into low-maintenance efficient test automation.
- Identify, document and track defects throughout testing.
Who you are
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in testing software applications in an agile environment.
- Solid knowledge of different testing strategies.
- Solid knowledge of QA testing suites and software.
- Understanding of web application architecture and concepts.
- Understanding of basic electronic principles.
- Relentlessness when it comes to ensuring Nectar’s product quality.
- Handy / not afraid of in-field testing.
- Thorough and very detailed oriented.
- Autonomy, versatility and creativity.
- Spoken and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn Nectar’s business context.
- Ability to multitask while working independently in a fast paced environment workspace.
- Motivated to take ownership and drive improvement.
- Good level in French and English.
- Posses a valid Driver licence and available to test onsite (Repentigny) once every 2 weeks. Owning a car is a plus.
- Ability to write automated tests (unitary and functional).
- Good knowledge of the latest tech trends : new devices, OS and tools.
- Familiar with version control tools such as Git.
- Good level in Spanish.
- Work experience in a startup environment.
- Interest in sustainable development and agriculture.
- Sense of details and documentation.
- Full-time: 40 hours per week
- Remuneration according to experience