Nectar’s mission is to help the beekeeping industry ensure honey bees health and secure our food supply. By translating the language of bees, we aim to bring bees, beekeepers, and growers closer together.
Using technology and insights built from the use of sensors and artificial intelligence, we help beekeepers raise thriving beehives and optimize their operations while providing growers key measurements to realize the full impact of honey bee pollination on their crops.
About the job
As Nectar is connecting more and more hives and ramping up new features, our platform needs to sustain this growth and perform optimally. To achieve a product that exceeds the expectations of our customers, Nectar believes that a robust platform, delivering data and analysis 24/7, is essential to its success. That's why we're looking for a motivated Back-End developer to build Nectar's platform and make a positive impact on our ecosystem and food supply chain.
Furthermore, as bees are our first client, expect field visits. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment!
- Building and maintaining scalable and secured services with REST APIs using Python/Django
- Being the advocate for all things backend, to ensure we have the best foundation to conquer the industry and consistently scale up
- Contribute to technological choices and architecture design
- Lead the back-end developers team
- Implement new features
- Optimize the performance of the platform
- Actively participate in problem solving
- Collaborate with developers, designers, researchers, and electrical engineers
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Expert in relational databases in particular PostgreSQL
- Experience building complex web-based applications using Python/Django
- Deep knowledge of technical best practices
- Expert in RESTful web services
- Autonomy, versatility and creativity
- Spoken and written communication skills
- Master product development processes
- Mastery of communication protocols (HTTP) and client-server architectures
- Good level in French and English
- SQL (Postgres)
- REST APIs
- Experience with the Django framework
- Experience in profiling, debugging and cloud services monitoring is a plus
- Understanding of CI/CD, containers, etc.
- Ability to mentor other programmers and perform effective Code Review
- Creative problem solving skills
- Version control tools such as Git
- Familiar with Docker
- Creation of tests (unitary and functional)
- Knowledge of No-SQL (MongoDB)
- Work experience in startup
- Interest in sustainable development and agriculture
- Sense of details and documentation
- Thoroughness in performance and scaling
- Full-time: 40 hours per week
- Remuneration according to experience