A third of the world's crop production depends on honeybee pollination, yet beekeepers lose 40% of their hives each year. To be part of the solution, our team's mission is to provide beekeepers and growers the data-driven tools needed to raise thriving honeybee colonies.
We believe that the technology being built by our team - including IoT and AI models - will lead to a future where pollinators are considered an essential factor in feeding our planet.
Build products that matter
As Nectar is connecting more and more hives and ramping up new features, our platform needs to sustain this growth and perform optimally. To achieve a product that exceeds the expectations of beekeepers and growers, Nectar believes that a robust platform, delivering data and analysis 24/7, is essential to its success. That's why we're looking for a motivated Full-Stack developer to continue the development and improvement of Nectar's platform and make a positive impact on our ecosystem and food supply chain.
- Develop the front-end of the Nectar web app using React
- Work with our designers to create build state of the art UX
- Build and maintain scalability and secured services with REST APIs using Python/Django
- Contribute to technological choices and architecture design
- Implement new features
- Optimize the performance of the platform
- Actively participate in problem solving
- Collaborate with developers, designers, researchers, and electrical engineers
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Expert in Front-End development (ideally using React)
- Good knowledge in relational databases in particular PostgreSQL
- Experience building complex web-based applications using Python/Django
- Strong knowledge of JS, HTML and CSS
- Deep knowledge of technical best practices
- Expert in RESTful web services
- Spoken and written communication skills
- Master product development processes
- Mastery of communication protocols (HTTP) and client-server architectures
- Good level in French and English
- Autonomy, versatility and creativity
- Ability to mentor other programmers and perform effective Code Review
- Sense of details
- Knowledge of Responsive development
- Strong sensitivity for user experience
- Work experience in startup
Benefits & conditions
- Permanent and full-time role with flexible work hours.
- To be performed in Canada: from home or from Nectar's office.
- Remuneration according to experience.
- A minimum of 3 weeks of vacation.
- Annual well-being budget of $500.
- The opportunity to learn beekeeping and participate in maintaining Nectar's hives at its farm.
- An endless supply of honey.
- New benefits to be announced in the near future.