Nectar’s mission is to help the beekeeping industry ensure honey bees health and secure our food supply. By translating the language of bees, we aim to bring bees, beekeepers, and growers closer together.
Using technology and insights built from the use of sensors and artificial intelligence, we help beekeepers raise thriving beehives and optimize their operations while providing growers key measurements to realize the full impact of honey bee pollination on their crops.
About the Job
As Nectar is connecting more and more hives and ramping up new features, our platform needs to sustain this growth and perform optimally. To achieve a product that exceeds the expectations of our customers, Nectar believes that robust mobile apps, delivering value to beekeepers 24/7, is essential to its success.
That's why we're looking for a dedicated senior mobile developer to lead our mobile practice and push the quality of Nectar's products forward. It’s a unique opportunity to make a concrete impact on beekeepers day to day and on our food ecosystem. Furthermore, as bees are our first client, expect field visits. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment!
- As our first mobile developer, be the advocate for all things mobile at Nectar,
lead and grow the practice, bring the latest industry techniques.
- Lead technological choices and architecture design.
- Build new features for Nectar’s iOS app with scalability and performance in mind.
- Assist in the maintenance and evolution of Nectar’s Android app.
- Help identify, document and fix defects.
- Implement continuous integration processes from code to store.
- Participate in product processes and propose innovative solutions to beekeepers pain points.
- Collaborate with back-end developers to create efficient REST API.
- Collaborate with QAs, designers, researchers, and electrical engineers.
Who you are
- 5 years of hands-on experience in software development (and at least 3 on mobile development).
- Mastery of Swift and the iOS ecosystem.
- Solid knowledge of Kotlin.
- A keen eye for UI integration.
- Ability to write automated tests (unitary and functional).
- Spoken and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn Nectar’s business context.
- Motivated to take ownership and drive improvement in a fast paced environment workspace.
- Good level in French and English.
- Ability to show a portfolio of released and/or open-source projects.
- Experience on IoT projects using Bluetooth, WIFI or any wireless communication technology.
- Experience with analytics tools.
- Experience with continuous integration tools.
- Ability to mentor other programmers and perform effective code review.
- Work experience in startup.
- Interest in sustainable development and agriculture.
- Full-time: 40 hours per week
- Remuneration according to experience