Nectar’s mission is to help the beekeeping industry ensure honey bees health and secure our food supply. By translating the language of bees, we aim to bring bees, beekeepers, and growers closer together.
Using technology and insights built from the use of sensors and artificial intelligence, we help beekeepers raise thriving beehives and optimize their operations while providing growers key measurements to realize the full impact of honey bee pollination on their crops.
About the job
As Nectar is ramping up production, we are looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to coordinate our hardware production runs, overview our inventory, coordinate international shipments, and ensure the quality of our products to be shipped. We’re expecting you to be detail-oriented in order to optimize manufacturing costs and delivery time.
You will work closely with our hardware engineering and sales teams as well as our external stakeholders, such as contracting manufacturers. Furthermore, as bees are our first client, expect field visits. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment!
What you will do
- Manage our inventory and work closely with our sales team to support the company’s growth;
- Own product costs and production budgets, monitor and optimize supply chain planning, control resources;
- Manage the sourcing and purchasing of our products’ components
- Prepare the necessary documentation for customs crossing
- Overview manufacturing, integration and assembly, QA, production, and refurbishing
- Identify and manage operational risks and issues and conduct a contingency plan
- Support our hardware engineering team in the design and maintenance of hardware testing plans
- Manage local and international shipping logistics
- Collaborate with developers, designers, and researchers to deliver the best customer experience possible for beekeepers
Who you are
- Background in Industrial Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Good knowledge of electronics
- Proficient in Excel and/or ERP software
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in French and English
- Sense of details and documentation
- Thoroughness in performance and scaling
- Ability to clearly identify and explain challenges, risks, and issues to management
- Work experience in a startup
- Good level of spoken Mandarin
- Interest in sustainable development and agriculture
- Part-time: 3 days per week