Nectar’s mission is to help the beekeeping industry ensure honey bees health and secure our food supply. By translating the language of bees, we aim to bring bees, beekeepers, and growers closer together.
Using technology and insights built from the use of its data collection tools, we help beekeepers raise thriving colonies.
About the job
As Nectar’s product is made commercially available, its sales team aims to continue to improve upon its mutual respect with members of the beekeeping industry. Many beekeepers will be new to the integration of modern technologies to support data-driven decision making within their operations. As such, Nectar’s first sales focused team member will need to empathize with and deeply understand the challenges that beekeepers face today.
That's why we're looking for an experienced sales person who can support Nectar in helping the beekeeping community work to make data-driven decisions central to their managerial practices. It’s a unique opportunity to make a concrete impact on beekeepers and on our food ecosystem. Furthermore, as bees are our first client, expect field visits. Nectar provides all the necessary equipment!
- Identify appropriate prospects, make effective qualifying sales calls, and manage the sales cycle to close new business with beekeepers.
- Lead field demonstrations with Nectar’s product offering.
- Develop trial plans alongside prospective beekeepers to make testing work for their operation.
- Work with beekeepers to identify and plan key areas of focus for their use of Nectar’s product offering as they transition towards data-centric management practices.
- Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure exceptional service and identification of potential new sales opportunities.
- Ensure beekeepers maximize benefits by providing monthly data reports and consulting on their beekeeping practices.
- Develop and implement a defined selling process in order to reach sales goals.
- 2+ years in sales within an agricultural environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with sales management software and CRM.
- Strong level in English is required.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- A valid driver’s license and no major driving infractions in the last 5 years.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Work experience in the beekeeping sector or experience as a beekeeper.
- Work experience in an agriculture technology company.
- Interest in sustainable development and agriculture.
- Proficiency in French and/or Spanish is beneficial.
- Full-time: 40 hours per week.
- Must be available to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Flexible schedule
- Paid vacations
- Health insurance (QSEHDRA program)
- Employee Wellness Spending Account
- Remuneration according to experience.